In correlation with our mission statement, we want to create opportunities for businesses in the community to have an outlet for education. These workshops are held quarterly and are free to the public. Lunch is offered at each event for $10.
March 11th – Quickbooks Workshop
June 10th – Educational Workshop presented by SCORE
October 14th – Educational Workshop, “Starting a Business”
Peer Learning Roundtable Program
presented by Hobart, Duneland and Portage Chamber of Commerce
During times of accelerated change in the workplace, what can we do to solve our workplace challenges more quickly and continue strengthening our skills and abilities to keep up with demand?
JOIN US for an interactive discussion, led by industry experts, where you will learn best practices, tips and tricks, and collaboratively help one another solve their workplace problems. Groups will be established by a topic of interest you choose.
This is an opportunity to identify practical and actionable tasks to help you solve your toughest problems in less time while you sharpen your skills.
Event Emcee: Theresa Valade of Success Trek
Event Dates: 7:30 am to 10:30 am (continental breakfast provided)
Workshop #1: Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Workshop #2: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Workshop #3: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
2100 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
- 3 Sessions: $25 per session, total $75
- 2 Sessions: $30 per session, total $60
- 1 Session: $35 per session, total $35
Moderators for each breakout group: Coming Soon. If you are interested in volunteering as a moderator for one of the breakout sessions listed below, click here to submit your request.
When you register, you will be asked to rank the workplace challenges are you most interested in learning more about from 1-10.
* There is a limit of 9 people per topic; therefore, we will do our best to place you in one of your top 3 choices.
- You do not need to be a member of the chambers to attend this event.
- For best results, we recommend signing up for all 3 sessions; however, each workshop is designed to stand alone.
The benefits of attending are as follows:
- Learn best practices from their peers that can be applied to their situation
- Arrive with a ‘workplace issue/concern’ in mind and work together to resolve the situation
- Hold yourself accountable by writing your actions down
- Ensure you follow through by asking someone in the group to be your check in/learning partner.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Valade of Success Trek, Inc. Their organization volunteered to help us run our 2020 Peer Learning program on our behalf.
Contact Information: Theresa Valade of Success Trek, Inc. (773) 789-8735, firstname.lastname@example.org